DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw Review
A saw is a must-have for every carpenter. However, if you want to gift your special someone with a saw for Christmas, there are so many on the market, and you may not know what to choose from. This review will help you decide on the best saw to buy. Saws are relatively inexpensive and could be a big investment, so it is important that you choose the right one.
Even if you are interested in buying a saw for yourself, then you ought to consider the specifications of what you will get—the features and, obviously, the cost. Most saws have the same features, so it will come down to a pricing or branding decision.
Dewalt is one of the companies that produces and sells circular saws, and one of their most famous models is the DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw. Let us take a closer look at it for you to determine if this one suits your needs.
DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw Features
The DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw is an imported saw that works at 5,250 revolutions per minute (rpm). Despite it being lightweight, it is very durable. Its shoe is made of magnesium, which increases its durability. Also, the cuts that you can make using it are accurate once lined up, and its blade can be used for various applications.
When it comes to balance, you do not have to worry about it at all. Also, there is a rubber mold that provides grip for the saw and allows the user to control it. The saw is a powered one, but it is also cordless. Your movements, therefore, are not restricted by the use of a cord. Both the saw and the blade are 6.5 inches in size and can cut even the thickest materials.
- The saw comes with a 5250-rpm motor. This motor allows you to cut through anything as it provides the user with immense power.
- The blades can cut materials that are up to 90 inches thick, and in some instances, more than that.
- It supports beveled objects. It allows the carpenter to cut at a bevel capacity of up to 50-degree angles. Nevertheless, the circular saw also supports simpler cuts like 45 and 90 degrees.
- If you purchase this Dewalt product, you benefit from a three-year warranty and one-year free service. What is even better is that if you are not satisfied with the saw’s performance, in ninety days, you can get your money back.
- Consumes a lot of battery.
- The Dewalt drill is cordless and is battery powered. The saw is also 20V, so when using this saw, it is likely to die after 45 minutes of being used intermittently. The saw also tends to overheat the batteries.
- The tool is not as powerful as it should be and too much effort may have to be expended.
- That said, it may be unsuitable for professional use but more suitable for do-it-yourself projects. The saw may be burned up in a few months if it is used professionally.
The DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw may be a good saw, but it is not suited for everyday use. The most ideal thing about this saw is that it is cordless. However, the cordless nature of the saw compromises its battery life. The saw runs through batteries quickly and buying batteries every now and then may become a financial burden.
This saw could be compared with the Skil 5280-01 l5-Amp Saw. This uses a laser light to guide the saw’s user to make more accurate cuts. It also comes with a carry bag and a duster that prevents sawdust from obstructing your project. The saw is also cordless and battery powered. The Skil has the same features as the Dewalt, but the only notable difference is the laser beam, the bag, and the duster that comes with it.
The DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw can be pretty useful for persons who are not carpenters as its performance is just about mediocre. A good tradesman will spend good money to invest in his tools.
This cordless saw seems to consume too much battery power so the owners will always be required to spend excessively replacing the batteries. While it is easier to operate a cordless saw, in this instance, it is not very feasible. A cordless saw that comes with a charger may be a better option for you to consider.
You ought to consider shopping around and reading product reviews and specifications. Shopping online will allow you to hear independent and unbiased reviews that were based on personal experiences while shopping in-store will let you feel the product and examine its quality.
In some stores, you may even be fortunate enough to test the saw that is on display. Rather than buying something because it seems flashy, you ought to choose something with substance and quality, especially if you anticipate it lasting well into the future.
Nonetheless, for individuals who are into small DIY projects for their homes, the DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw can be a good choice.